The Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is an independent, not-for-profit organization with key competencies in health economics and decision analytic modelling, health technology assessment, and knowledge transfer/exchange. Our mission is to inform coordinated, innovative, evidence-guided health policy and practice.
The Institute has broad linkages within academic, private, and public sectors on provincial, national, and international levels that permit significant capacity and access to expertise, and amplify the contribution of the organization via network dissemination of evidence and information.
The IHE serves as:
- the provincial program for health technology assessment in Alberta;
- the secretariat for the Network of Alberta Health Economists (NOAHE; www.NOAHE.ca) and the Alberta Real World Evidence Consortium (AlbertaRWE; www.AlbertaRWE.ca);
- a member of and host agency/secretariat for the International Network of Agencies for Health Technology Assessment (INAHTA; www.INAHTA.org);
- a member of and host agency/secretariat for Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi; www.HTAi.org);
- a technical member of the World Health Organization’s Health Evidence Network (WHO HEN); and
- a member of the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) Health Technology Analysis Exchange and Pan-Canadian HTA Collaborative.
Click to open the map in a new window