Micro vouchers provide funding for high potential, high growth, technology or knowledge-based Alberta small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to accelerate their new product technology development.
The Micro Voucher Program encourages high potential, high growth SMEs with novel, promising technologies, strong management and a reasonably identified product/market fit to accelerate new product commercialization. The purpose is quick access to funds to de-risk technological solutions, and support emerging technologies.
Typical applicants are in the earlier stages of their product development. Most clients enter our programs by starting with a micro voucher.
Eligible applicants can apply for up to $10,000, paid directly to the service provider, to cover eligible expenses charged by the service provider for the purpose of one or more of the following activities:
- New product research and development;
- Design, engineering and prototype development;
- Product testing and refinement;
- Patent development; (excluding patent maintenance fees)
- Advanced market assessment or segmentation analysis;
- Advanced business and/or marketing strategies; and/or
- Other technology development activities that will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our website for more information.See all programs of Alberta Innovates