In the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the communities of central Alberta occupy one of the most prosperous corridors in Canada. It’s a region filled with resources and industry, where more than two million people live and work – and come up with new ideas and innovations that drive our province forward.
To foster these innovations, we are launching a new cohort-based incubator that will diversify Alberta’s economy, educate and grow visionary start-ups, and stabilize central Alberta businesses against unforeseen difficulties. This in turn will create a more resilient atmosphere for provincial business, new avenues for entrepreneurs, and a more promising future for all Albertans.
An incubator can be the difference between ultimate success and failure for a new idea. Qualified entrepreneurs will get:
- Access to coaches that guide them through the process and keep them focused with weekly tasks
- Streamlined networking and introductions to the right people, who can advance ideas and research with expertise, and testing opportunities
- Input from CARIN’s advisory services, including legal, tax, finance, market assessment, and risk factors
- Assistance in creating an investor index, containing important and compelling information for potential investors
- Access to industry experts
- A fully-fledged support system that is designed to help achieve success
- A better understanding of customer issues and which opportunities to pursue, as well as an understanding of engagement, testing, and feedback
- Ground-up evaluations of risk factors and market solutions
- Industry-specific training, such as classes, workshops, training, and mentorship, as well as the application of new technology to their chosen industry
- Insights into how to build a robust and successful company, with both industry-wide and business-specific considerations
Please visit our website for more information about the next cohort.See all programs of Central Alberta Regional Innovation Network (CARIN)