Through this program we support Alberta SMEs, with a minimum of $20,000 in revenue, to build and develop a strategic approach to expanding their international plans and building global export opportunities.
Prior to entering new global markets it’s important to understand the necessary steps to grow export markets while evaluating benefits and assessing risks are keys to success.
Alberta SMEs need to ask some basic questions, for example:
- What country do I want to export to?
- What is my competitive advantage in that country?
- How do I set up my distribution channels?
- What is my pricing model?
- How do I avoid risks?
- What is the trade, tariffs and even regulatory requirements?
- What is the cost to entering global market?